A new funding programme, Together for Our Planet, from the National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF) will be launching on September 1st to support community-led climate action. Building on interest and excitement around COP 26, this funding programme will help nurture and develop local ideas to support climate action.
Together for Our Planet will open for applications on 1 September 2021 and will close to applications at 5 pm on Thursday 18 November.
Together for Our Planet will offer eligible groups funding of between £1,000 and £10,000 for projects that meet at least two of the following criteria:
1. Supports the development of longer-term climate action within communities
2. Encourages communities to plan for the climate emergency - to consider what climate action could mean to them and why it matters.
3. Celebrates the importance of community-led climate action and encourages more people to get involved.
4. Builds resilience in communities that are hardest hit by climate change.
5. Provides jobs, skills, or training opportunities for communities that support climate action.
More information is available on their web page and groups will be able to apply online from 1 September here:
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com